The Masters Tournament is the first of four men’s golf major championships in a season. This year, the Masters tournament will be the 87th edition of this major tournament. Here’s everything about the Masters Tournament 2023, dates, course, field, prize money, broadcasters, and more.
- Dates: April 6-9, 2023
- Course: Augusta National Golf Club
- Location: Augusta, Georgia, U.S.
- Par: 72
- Length: 7,510 yards
- Tours: PGA Tour, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour
- Defending Champion: Scottie Scheffler
When and Where is the Masters Tournament 2023?
The Masters major golf competition is scheduled from April 6-9, 2023. It will take place on its traditional course at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
The Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia is a par-72 course and 7,510 yards in length. The course was established 90 years ago, in 1933. It has been hosting the Masters Tournament since 1934.
The Masters Tournament has the smallest field among the major championships. In the 2022 edition, 90 players took part in the competition.
The field is set by invitation only. The invitations are awarded based on the following criteria.
- All past winners of the Masters Tournament
- Recent major winners
- Recent winners of The Players Championship
- Leading finishers in the previous year’s majors
- The winner of the gold medal at the Olympic Games
- Leading players on the PGA Tour in the previous season
- The leading 50 players in the official World Golf Rankings
- The winner and runner-up of the 2022 U.S. Amateur Championship, and some leading amateurs
- Winners of PGA Tour events[b] between the 2022 Masters Tournament and the 2023 Masters Tournament
Can the LIV Golf players participate in the Masters Tournament 2023?
Yes, the LIV Golf players are eligible to participate in the Masters Tournament, as long as they qualify for the criteria.
In December 2022, Augusta National announced that the invitational criteria would be unaltered.
Past Winners of the Masters Tournament
The total prize money purse is not announced yet for the Masters Tournament 2023. However, the prize fund was $15 million for the previous edition. Scottie Scheffler took home a $2,700,000 winner’s share for winning the Masters title. This year, the prize money is expected to be the same.
The usual broadcasting partners – Golf Channel and NBC Sports – will broadcast this year’s tournament.